Securities Fraud Investigator
- Fraud by publicly traded companies is more common that you think. In the United States, almost every day a securities fraud class action lawsuit is filed on behalf of investors who have been harmed due to the fraud of board or directors and executives.
- Many publicly traded companies will fail to disclose material information to investors, and when the investment subsequently losses the investor money due to this misstatement, the investor is entitled to damages.
- Fraud in Canadian stock exchanges has long been rampant. The Vancouver and Alberta Stock Exchanges were both merged into the TSX Venture Exchange, largely in part to the vast degree of fraud occurring. Corporate fraud investigations are necessary to help uncover these schemes and protect investors. Our investigators follow the recommendations of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners when investigating fraud related crime.
- Fraudsters can scam, fraud and harm corporate shareholders with the following:
- Initial Public Offering Scams
- Pump and Dumps
- Financial Statement Fraud
- Fraudulent Misrepresentation
- Asset Misappropriation
- Failure to Disclosure Material Information
- Corporate Espionage
- Conflicts of Interest and Corruption
- Ponzi Schemes
- Insider Trading
The Preston Matthews Group is performing both preventive and detective measures to help protect investors. We are conducting investigations on behalf of investors that have lost large sums of money due to the fraud of companies. In addition, we perform monitoring services to help monitor your holdings. If we identify fraud within your holdings, we will notify you immediately to convey your potential remedies.